What can the patients and their families expect?
- Homely (but specialist) environment – It is important to us that patients and their families feel welcome and at ease
- Personalised services for each patient. – Everyone is unique
- A wide range of specialist facilities and equipment to support people – Training in social and domestic skills
- Activities focussed on each patients interests and goals – Social, recreational, educational and vocational. Patients and their families are encouraged to be involved in activities.
- Varied Menus – Nutrition is an important part of rehabilitation
- Regular meetings with our Rehabilitation Team. – To agree and review goals
- A named nurse/therapist as a key worker. – Essential for good communication
- A weekly therapy timetable – To ensure everyone knows what is happening
- Improved quality of life for patients, families and carers.
- Improved independence amongst people with neurological disabilities.
- Support with the next steps.
Return to: Neurological Rehabilitation at St Joseph’s